Sunday, September 30, 2012

Article submission afterthoughts

For my last assignment I had to choose a publication to submit an article to and actually submit it.  I enjoyed the process of finding a publication to submit to, and even found a couple of publications I did not know existed that I really enjoyed.  I have to admit, I was not too fond of the idea of submitting an article for publication, not yet anyway.  Yes, I want to write a book.  Yes, I would love to write anything that inspires, uplifts, helps to heal, but, I am just not sure I am ready yet.  But then again, will I ever think I am ready?  I suppose we'll find out.  Submitting the article is one thing, being selected for publication is another.  Right now I can blog my little heart out and I don't have to work about it being selected for anything.  People might read it, people might not read it, either way it's okay.  Regardless of my feelings on it I went ahead and submitted an article to Transformation Magazine, which is a free local magazine that features information on personal development, alternative health and spiritual growth.  I did a quick copy, paste, submit so that I wouldn't get all nervous and avoid it until the absolute last minute.  And now that I've done it?  I'm not sure how I feel aside from I don't know if I was ready.  Will I submit another article in the future?  I don't know.  Whether I wanted to do it or not the moment was perfect, one that my soul drew me to so that I could re-member who I really am.  So, I suppose, if the moment strikes me and my soul urges me to submit another article, then I just might take that advice.  Whether I do or do not, the moment will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment