Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 17: An "ah-ha" about reclaiming my power

"Rather than doing whatever it is you do to ease, mitigate and transform those states of being as acts of 'self-improvement' and 'getting fixed' or 'making better,' what if you approached those rituals and remedies as ways of getting your power.  No fixing and no anxiety rather, a trip to the Limitless Well of Knowing and Reliable Awareness."               -Danielle LaPorte
When I read the above quote I had to stop and write it down, that was two months ago.  I love this quote, I love the message of empowerment in it but, I don't think I fully got it when I read it.  It made sense to me on a surface level ad it obviously spoke to me because I wrote it down.  I think what I was missing was the application of it, the how-to piece of the puzzle for me.

A few days ago I was watching an artist video on YouTube and she talked about how she's a Creativity Coach and she teaches people to establish a creative practice because it's empowering to do so.  When I heard her say that I immediately thought of the above quote by Danielle LaPorte and it all clicked.  The "how do I apply this," piece of the puzzle clicked in to place and I understood what she was saying on a deeper level.  

I realized that doing things that involve self-care, meditating, being creative, taking steps towards my Dreams, those are all acts of empowerment.  So, when I meditate because I enjoy it and I need it to help me center, I am doing more than taking care of myself, I am reclaiming a piece of my power.  When I follow inspiration and dance naked and paint covered and freely with my creativity, I am actually reclaiming a piece of my power.

You see, I had it all wrong.  Even though I knew differently deep down, I was thinking and acting like reclaiming my power was going to happen in one big bold gesture and "BAM," I would have my power back and skip merrily along the rest of my path.  I wanted to make the decision and have my power back immediately; which translates to, I wanted to skip the process.

I know the process cant be skipped and that process is part of the journey yet, I get caught up in the "I just want to be there!"  But I can not skip steps and honestly, I would rather flow with the process because it feels more free.  And I am all about freedom.  The process is what I help people with and I do realize it is because I need to remember it myself.  This is not a new conversation for me, it is a deeper layer.

I was so excited and inspired by the "ah-ha" moment.  It was exciting for me to realize that in doing things for myself and building my Dreams I am taking my power back.  And each step of taking my power back fulfills my desire to be empowered.  I am now in the process of integrating it and allowing the energy of it to work its way through my energy.  Every day as I set my intentions I remind myself that doing these things are acts of empowerment and reclaiming my power.  And I remind myself as often throughout the day that I remember to.  It's a practice and I am being to understand that many things are.

May you be blessed with love and light,
tia

  

No comments:

Post a Comment