Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I am participating in an April Blog-a-long

My new birthday puppy
Effy Wild at effywild.com is doing a "Blog-a-long" for the month of April and I have decided to participate.  My blogging tends to go in cycles, I blog and I stop, I blog and I stop.  Writing is something I love and something that allows me to be of service to myself and others.  It saddens me to see that last year I only posted 15 blog posts.  Sad.  Sad.  I've written so many in my journal, penned them in my head, but they never quite made it to the computer.  That's actually part of a pattern whose deep layers I am peeling back right now that I plan on sharing.

Of course, committing to something like this is way outside of my comfort zone so, in sometimes usual Tia fashion, I procrastinated and procrastinated and almost said, "I think I'll just write my first post tomorrow."  But tomorrow would have turned into the next day and the next and before I knew it the month would be over and I wouldn't have posted at all.  So, in an effort to hold myself accountable I am making the public announcement that I will be blogging every day this month.  That scares me.  Although I'm not sure why.  Commitment to myself and my dreams is something I have been writing in my journal for the past couple of weeks.  Just that one word, "Commitment."  I'm not sure I'd say I have commitment issues but when it comes to committing to myself, to something I want for me, I sometimes struggle.  But there has been a lot of change lately, as is the nature of life, and so I'm willing to step outside of my comfort zone and give it a try.  That's all I can do right?  And I'll try my best not to procrastinate.  I promise.

With light and love,
Tia

P.S. If you are interested in art and/or people who are real and raw and authentic, I encourage you to check out Effy's blog, she is amazingly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment