Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 27: A quick afternoon trip

Today was a beautiful Spring afternoon, nice and warm with a gentle breeze that was just the right temperature.  My son's father has been to Asheville, NC a couple of times and has said that everytime he goes there that city has my name written all over it.  Since I only live 1 1/2 hours away, and I have been wanting to go check it out anyway, I decided to take a little afternoon trip there.

Because I only have a Michael's here and I miss my A.C. Moore and JoAnn Fabrics, the first thing I do when I am going to a new town is see if either of those stores are there.  I was super excited to see that both of those stores are there.  I was easily side tracked today and left way later than I wanted to so I decided to only go to JoAnn's so that I would have time to see downtown, which was my main reason for going.  Is it sad that I was so happy to be in a JoAnn Fabrics again?  The smell of the store, all of the beautiful fabrics and threads, stamps and papers...it was a beautiful thing.

On to downtown and I absolutely LOVED it there.  I wish I had gone on a Saturday and had left earlier in the day because there were stores that were closed and SO much to see.  There were so many great unique little stores, book stores, restaurants and an art gallery.  That was probably my favorite part, fun, unique, beautiful and sometimes quirky art work, it was so inspiring!  And there was this cute hippie type skirt that I fell in love with and am inspired to do my own twist on.

I loved the energy of the downtown area, the people, the stores, the everything!  It was a fantastic little trip and I am looking forward to going back again soon.
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment